Can we imagine a form of peer-review bloglets on focused themes for fixed durations that would be around multimedia and humanities computing? Here is the idea I put to Steve.
Continue reading Peer Review Blogs for TT.Online
Continue reading Konfabulator
The Best of Creative Computing were magazine/book collections of articles on computing and culture from 1976 – 7. There are articles on computer art, AI, computer poetry and so on. It has a Computer Lib feeling. Both volume 1 and 2 are scanned in at: http://www.atariarchives.org/bcc1/. At this site there are also full scans of other early computing books.
There is a great companion to the piece on “Ethics and Video Games” by Justin Hall on A Survey of Game Writing Online at http://www.ojr.org/ojr/ethics/1049994396.php.
The following are some intersections of mathematics, computer science, philosophy and multimedia.
1. Descartes and Analytical Geometry
2. Frege and Russell – the intersection of logic and philosophy of mathematics
3. Turing’s solution of the Halting Problem
4. von Neuman and Game Theory
5. Euler, Graph Theory and the Semantic Web
6. Set theory, Kleene and Regular Expressions
Continue reading Intersections of Math and Multimedia
These are research notes.